Archived U.S. Government Approved Protection Profile - US Government Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) Access System for Basic Robustness Environments, Version 1.0
Short Name: pp_wlan_as_br_v1.0
Technology Type: Wireless LAN
CC Version: 2.x
Date: 01 April 2006
Succeeded By: pp_wlan_as_br_v1.1
Sunset Date: 21 March 2008
Conformance Claim: Basic Robustness
This PP specifies the minimum-security requirement for a WLAN Access System (hereafter referred to as the Target of Evaluation (TOE) used by the US Government in Basic Robustness Environments. The target robustness level of “basic” is specified in the Guidance and Policy for the Department of Defense Global Information Grid Information Assurance (GIG).
This PP requires privacy and integrity of communications over the WLAN, using commercially available cryptographic algorithms. Security administration at the access system is also a requirement. The assurance requirements defined in section 5.3 provide a minimal level of assurance for basic robustness environments; these include EAL2 Security Assurance Requirements (SARs) augmented with FLC_FLR.2 (Flaw Reporting Procedures) and AVA_MSU.1 (Examination of Guidance.)
This PP defines:
- assumptions about the security aspects of the environment in which the TOE will be used;
- threats that are to be addressed by the TOE;
- security objectives of the TOE and its environment;
- functional and assurance requirements to meet those security objectives; and
- rationale demonstrating how the requirements meet the security objectives, and how the security objectives address the threats.
SECURITY EVALUATION SUMMARY
The evaluation was performed under the Common Criteria Evaluation and Validation Scheme (CCEVS). The purpose of the evaluation was to demonstrate that the U.S. Government Wireless LAN Access System Protection Profile for Basic Robustness Environments meets the APE security assurance requirements according to the Common Criteria for Information Technology Security Evaluation, Version 2.2 and Part 2 of the Common Methodology for Information Technology Security Evaluation, Version 1.0. The evaluation was completed on April 2006. The results of the U.S. Government Wireless LAN Access System Protection Profile for Basic Robustness Environments evaluation can be found in U.S. Government Wireless LAN Access System Protection Profile for Basic Robustness Environments Validation Report prepared by the CCEVS Validation Team.
The evaluation was completed in April 2006. Results of the evaluation can be found in the Validation Report prepared by the National Information Assurance Partnership (NIAP) CCEVS-VR-06-0026.
The evaluation of the U. S. Government Wireless LAN Access System Protection Profile for Basic Robustness Environments, Version 1.0 provides specification for environments in which TOEs with various levels of robustness are appropriate to meet Basic Robustness level of independently assured security requirements. The assurance requirements were chosen to be consistent with this goal.
Assigned to the following Validated Product
- VID10324 – Cisco Unified Wireless Network Solution composed of the following components: Cisco Aironet 1130, 1230, and 1240 AG Series Access Points; Cisco 4400 Series Wireless LAN Controllers; Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Wireless Integrated Services Module (WiSM); Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS); Cisco Secure Access Control Server (ACS); Cisco 2710 Wireless Location
Please forward any questions or comments to email@example.com