Labgram #110/Valgram #130 - CCTL Point System (CPS) Process Update
Validators and CCTLs,
In order to improve processes and address concerns raised about the CCTL Point System (CPS) described in National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP) Lab Bulletin LB-107-2018, effective immediately NIAP is revising its CPS process as follows:
1. CPS reports will now be issued on a monthly basis
2. Points will be assessed only upon completion of an evaluation
3. Point totals will continue to be reset at the end of the two-year accreditation period
4. Labs may request reconsideration of points by sending a written note and justification to NIAP within five (5) business days of receipt of CPS report. Labs may request an additional reconsideration in writing to the NIAP Director within five (5) business days of resolution of the first request.
To provide further clarity, objectivity, and transparency, NIAP is providing examples of deficiencies that will always be assessed points:
· Failure to provide or maintain a progress point schedule
· Incorrectly identifying or implementing Technical Decisions
· Missing Security Functional Requirements
· Missing assurance activities (TSS, Guidance, Tests)
· Missing or incorrect NIST CAVP certificates
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 410-854-4458 or by email email@example.com.
(U) The information contained herein that is marked (U//FOUO) is for the exclusive use of Government and Contractor personnel with a need-to-know for NIAP CCEVS information. Such information is specifically prohibited from posting on unrestricted bulletin boards or other unlimited access applications.