Assurance Continuity - SonicWall SonicOS Enhanced V6.5.4 with VPN and IPS on TZ , SOHO, NSa, and SM Appliances Security
Date of Maintenance Completion: 2021.09.29CC Certificate Validation Report Assurance Activity
Product Type: Firewall
Virtual Private Network
Conformance Claim: Protection Profile Compliant
PP Identifier: collaborative Protection Profile for Stateful Traffic Filter Firewalls Version 2.0 + Errata 20180314
Extended Package for Intrusion Prevention Systems Version 2.11
Extended Package for VPN Gateways Version 2.1
Original Evaluated TOE: 2020.04.16 - SonicWall SonicOS Enhanced V6.5.4 with VPN and IPS on TZ and SOHO Appliances
Please note: The above files are for the Original Evaluated TOE. Consequently, they do not refer to this maintained version, although they apply to the maintained version.
Security Target * Security Target * Assurance Continuity Maintenance Report
Assurance Continuity Maintenance Report
Please note: This serves as an addendum to the VR for the Original Evaluated TOE.
* This is the Security Target (ST) associated with this latest Maintenance Release. To view previous STs for this TOE, click here.
Readers are reminded that the certification of this product (TOE) is the result of maintenance, rather than an actual re-evaluation of the product. Maintenance only considers the affect of TOE changes on the assurance baseline (i.e. the original evaluated TOE); maintenance is not intended to provide assurance in regard to the resistance of the TOE to new vulnerabilities or attack methods discovered since the date of the initial certificate. Such assurance can only be gained through re-evaluation.
Using a security impact analysis of the changes made to the TOE, which was provided by the developer, the CCEVS has determined that the impact of changes on the TOE are considered minor and that independent evaluator analysis was not necessary. A summary of the results can be found in the Maintenance Report, which is written in relation to the product's original validation report and Security Target. Readers are therefore reminded to read the Security Target, Validation Report, and the Assurance Maintenance Report to fully understand the meaning of what a maintained certificate represents.
There are no changes to the TOE. The only change is to add 23 additional hardware models with 14 new processors.
Description of ALC Changes:
The only change to the security target were the addition of 23 hardware models as shown in the table above and the update of the version number.
· SonicWall SonicOS V6.5.4 with VPN and IPS on TZ and SOHO, Security Target Version 2.0, August 2021 (FWcPP-epIPS-epVPNGW)
The guidance document was also updated with the addition of the new hardware models and the update of the version number.
· SonicWall® SonicOS 6.5 Common Criteria Addendum, Version 2.0, August 2021
Assurance Continuity Maintenance Report:
· SonicWall, Inc. submitted an Impact Analysis Report (IAR) for the addition of 23 hardware models, described above.
· There were no code changes and, therefore, there was no impact on the developer evidence of the validated TOE.
· There are no changes to the development environment.
· The changes to the ST and other documents were limited to document version with the addition of the new hardware model.